i know i do a whole lot of showing here, and not a whole lot of telling, but i seriously have seen enough transmisogyny. it’s disgusting. i sort of expect it from heterosexual cisgendered folks (call me jaded) but when i see or hear lesbian, gay, bisexual, and queer people misgender, disrespect, or abuse trans women it literally makes me want to throw up. this is a long run on sentence but it must be said, i know i was raised a certain way (in a unitarian universalist, mixed religion, mixed race, gender role “non-normative” and queer family) and i live in a bubble (the bay area) and blah blah blah, trans positive space is largely all around me, and i am privileged enough to be able and willing to continue my own education on trans issues, check my privilege as a white american AFAB person, but i am ashamed that those of you outside and inside of this bubble and from different background and similar backgrounds haven’t even tried to educate yourselves on trans issues while going about your seemingly “queer” and/or “feminists” lives, merely ignoring the T in GLBT - how dare you don’t fight to protect this population of women who are being beaten, killed, and forced into solitude because not even their queer sisters will join them in the fight for equality. some of the shit i have heard come out of gay people’s mouths about trans people makes me want to scream. you’ve got to be kidding me. although i have never identified as a lesbian (for many reasons) i am ashamed to have even been in the same room as those of you who refuse to treat trans women as women. don’t come to my parties. don’t apply to my website. don’t comment on my shit. please, just dissapear so that my trans dyke friends can go on with their lives. i am sick of seeing the more complicated nuances of trans politics get bolted down because people can’t even grasp the very fucking basics of transsexual identity. fuck you factcheckme thanks for inspiring me to speak up after being afraid to write about this for years.
i stand for the equality of all women, including trans women, and you should too.
I really needed to hear someone say this.
This example isn’t from within the gay community, but it’s midnight and I feel the need to talk about it because I have a lot of feelings. A while back, someone I know (who is basically a decent-ish guy) was talking about a transgendered woman that got murdered, and he kept referring to her as “he.” When I corrected him, he said, “That’s not a woman, that’s a transsexual.” FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SHE JUST DIED, SHOW SOME FUCKING RESPECT.
These little incidents used to slip under my radar. I’m not trans, I didn’t know anyone that was. Then, I started going to Affirmations. I made friends with people that were trans. I met a woman that changed my life, and she was trans. Unfortunately, life circumstances have caused us to be much less close now, but she still stands out in my memory, as one of the most strong, intelligent, brave, beautiful and powerful women I have ever met.
More things have happened since then, but I can’t talk about most of them due to privacy issues. Basically, I’ve been very close to more than one person that was trans or genderqueer. It changed my perspective. It is very hard for most people to see outside their own personal bubble, until they not only see people who are different, but talk to them, joke around with them, possibly grow to love them. However, even if someone was placed in a colony filled with gender-non-conforming folks, they wouldn’t change unless they opened their mind, stopped seeing them as creatures and started seeing them as people.
Open your fucking minds.
(This makes zero sense because I’m supposed to be asleep. But I stumbled across this on Tumblr and it motivated me to write something.)
- petticoatsbowties likes this
- avocadobabydoll likes this
- femme-wasteland reblogged this from courtneytrouble and added:
- femme-wasteland likes this
- styropor-fleisch likes this
- fatalkissmedead reblogged this from courtneytrouble
- clownyprincess likes this
- cheshbitten reblogged this from courtneytrouble and added:
- jumpup likes this
- nourishingthepresent likes this
- libidinousqueer likes this
- highfemmelowbrow reblogged this from deviantfemme
- sickelgaita reblogged this from tobitastic
- freshmouthgoddess reblogged this from madamepalourde
- madamepalourde reblogged this from deviantfemme
- normandykewell reblogged this from courtneytrouble
- normandykewell likes this
- jackaldope likes this
- mtn-gin likes this
- inkstainedknitter likes this
- impromptuonedykedanceparty reblogged this from amydentata
- transqueery likes this
- starspeaker reblogged this from littlecitywitch
- taylortalkstrash likes this
- mytransworld reblogged this from courtneytrouble
- bloodonmykeys likes this
- tkdoesthings likes this
- lewesde reblogged this from deviantfemme
- deviously-dangerous reblogged this from tobitastic and added:
- gingerkit reblogged this from courtneytrouble and added:
- pleakleyispretty reblogged this from jizzzyrichardpignoodles
- littlecitywitch reblogged this from widdershinsgirl
- inkt reblogged this from jizzzyrichardpignoodles
- discoveringdaniel reblogged this from jizzzyrichardpignoodles
- discoveringdaniel likes this
- corpuschristine reblogged this from jizzzyrichardpignoodles
- jizzzyrichardpignoodles likes this
- jizzzyrichardpignoodles reblogged this from courtneytrouble
- curiouscliche reblogged this from courtneytrouble and added:
- thewaronindifference reblogged this from cocksucking-accent
- izfierce likes this
- alltheshametome likes this
- xsissyboyx reblogged this from courtneytrouble
- tastygravy likes this
- repetition-is-holy reblogged this from deviantfemme
- rsektion likes this
- buttercreambaby reblogged this from courtneytrouble
- anchors-aweigh-ladies likes this
- pnesleevelessheart likes this